STUDENT LED CONFERENCES
Your children and their teachers invite you to participate in this year’s Student Led Conferences:
Wednesday, April 17th 2:10 – 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, April 18th 2:10 – 4:00 p.m.
To accommodate this informal reporting opportunity, students will be dismissed at 2:00 p.m. on both days.
CONFERENCE TIMES WILL BE BOOKED ON PARENT CONNECT.
THE SYSTEM WILL OPEN ON TUESDAY, APRIL 9TH AT 8:30 A.M. AND WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THURSDAY, APRIL 18TH AT 12:00 P.M.
Conferences will last approximately 20 minutes and the students will be in charge of conducting the conferences. Classroom teachers have been equipping the students with the skills required for a successful conference and will be present to provide support and encouragement. To provide students with the full attention they deserve, we ask that you do not bring siblings to the conferences.
We choose to communicate student progress to you through student led conferences for two reasons:
- Students benefit by accepting responsibility for reporting their progress to their parents. Such experiences enhance their self-esteem and empower them as learners. They:
- are accountable for the work they produce
- have a meaningful opportunity to practice communication skills
- learn to use organization skills
- increase leadership skills
- practice time-management techniques
- develop problem solving and decision making strategies
- engage in self-evaluation
- Parents benefit by:
- seeing that their children are enthusiastic learners who can report on their progress in school and set personal goals
- engaging in a structured opportunity to encourage their children by providing positive, specific feedback for their efforts
We invite you to participate in this opportunity to celebrate your child’s learning and hope you will enjoy this time together.